August 29, 2011
My favorite way to start a drawing…..yep, the good ‘ole coloring book stage.
It’s so nice that our personal music library can go everywhere with us!! And….we can get just about any new song we want without much effort! Just a click away!
Absolutely had to have her wearing a colorful outfit!
The less I say about the shoes, the better….I’m not quite sure where I was going with these!
Markers for the girl, the trees and the boat…..watercolor pencils for the rest.
Donna the Drawer……growing up in a big family, she often got irritated with all the demands and distractions created by her brothers and sisters. She really didn’t mean to be so snippy with them, but she couldn’t help it. She just forgot how easy it is just to remove herself from the commotion. She doesn’t need to be away long, just long enough to hear herself again. She then rejoins everyone and they are very happy she took that little break!
I don’t know about you, but I sure can relate to Donna. Why do we feel so selfish when we take time for ourselves? It’s always best if I can figure out what my triggers are……it’s a bit of a relief, cuz then I can do something about them …..or not.
- ► 2012 (126)
- Donna n.e.e.d.s. to Draw
- Back to school Bird
- I <3 Moleskines!
- A sketch of a Person on a Paddleboard….fini
- A sketch showing some potential….part 4
- A sketch beginning to take shape….part 3
- A sketch with SOME proportional sense….part 2
- A sketch with No SeNsE of PrOpOrTiOn….part 1
- Time flies
- He Who Must Not Be Named…..travels to Florida
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2010 (134)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (29)
- By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden